Our business planning services include:
Business Start Up
We understand the issues and pitfalls affecting business start-ups. Whether you are operating as a limited company, partnership or a sole trader, we can provide guidance and support throughout this process.
Our services to business start-ups include:
- advising on the most suitable and tax-efficient form for the business, e.g. a sole trader, partnership or corporate entity (limited company/LLP);
- funding requirements and assistance with obtaining funding;
- advising on tax-efficient profit extraction;
- tax reliefs for the business;
- investor tax incentives (EIS, SEIS, VCT);
- ensuring tax compliance obligations are met (corporation tax, PAYE, VAT);
- outsourcing services.
We can continue to guide you as your business develops. Taking sound advice now will help you navigate the pitfalls and grow your business profitably.
Our services to growing businesses include consideration of:
- whether the business structure is still relevant;
- options for restructuring the business;
- availability of specific tax reliefs, e.g. R&D tax credits;
- maximising capital allowances;
- VAT implications of growth strategies;
- employee equity incentives to recruit, motivate and retain employees;
- tax-efficient financing. assistance with pre-acquisition planning including structuring and due diligence;
- advising on expanding overseas, including VAT and employee taxes;
- business restructuring and simplification;
- funding requirements and tax implications for the business and its investors.
- VAT inspections;
- ensuring tax compliance processes are being met efficiently;
- assistance with tax investigations and dispute resolution.
Exit and Succession
Careful planning at both personal and corporate levels can significantly help you to retire, sell the business or restructure it in the most efficient manner and in a way most beneficial to you.
We can assist with structuring and tax planning if you decide to exit your business, whether it be to an existing management team or to a third party, helping you extract maximum value to allow you to pursue the next stage of your life. We also offer advice on capital gains and inheritance tax planning if you decide to pass ownership of your business to the next generation.
Our services to businesses and individuals in respect of exit or succession planning include:
- tax-efficient restructuring for exit;
- planning to maximise entrepreneurs' relief and business property relief;
- review of applicable tax reliefs for the business including substantial shareholding exemption;
- share/business valuations;
- vendor due diligence;
- personal tax planning;
- assistance with management buy outs.
Having disposed of your business you may wish to reinvest in a new business venture, either as an active participant or an investor. We will assist you in formulating your future plans and help you to reach those goals.
Our services include:
- advising on investor tax reliefs;
- tax structuring for business acquisitions;
- due-diligence services for business acquisitions.